The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company purchased sixty-eight acres (27ha) of the GMSC land in 1946 in memory of its employees who died in World War 2. The property was donated to Scouting’s Lakeshore District. In 1957 Scouts Lakeshore District became part of the Greater Toronto Region (GTR). The remaining 189-acres (76 ha) of the 265 total acres (107 ha) of property was purchased in 1968. Mississauga Region leased the camp for several years and then purchased it from GTR in 1985.
After an amalgamation in 1997, GMSC became a Regional Camp for the new CEC.
For further information or to book the camp, call (416) 490-6364 ext 233